Obedience To Yahweh
(#115 from Suffer Well Devotional Series©)
All “food” is clean.
Who gets to define what food is?
See Leviticus 11, the entire chapter.
A few facts derived from Leviticus 11:
* Yahweh defines what food is, not man;
* Anything not named to be eaten is NOT food;
* Your desire to name something as a food, when Yahweh says it’s NOT, is sinful;
* Is defining food about redemption? Of course not. Is it about your wellbeing? Absolutely! The Good Father nourishes His children well;
* No! The Old Covenant cannot define what food is, and then it be changed in the New Covenant. Hint: Peter’s vision with all sorts of creatures in the sheet was about the gentiles not being called unclean. Be a Berean; search the Scriptures to see if what we are saying is true (Acts 17:11-12). Read all of Acts 10, not just a part of it. Specifically notice verse 28! “Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But the Almighty has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean”;
* Yes! That means eating pork and shellfish is against the commands of Yahweh. Please see verses 46 and 47 of Leviticus chapter 11. “This is the law of the animals and the birds and every living creature that moves in the waters, and of every creature that creeps on the earth, you must distinguish between the unclean and the clean, and between the animal that may be eaten and the animal that may not be eaten.” And yes, the “you must” means YOU MUST!;
* If it needs to be said, knowing the heart (mind) of man, “Pork and shellfish contain toxins that are extremely carcinogenic.” Yes, very cancer causing. Perhaps that’s why Yahweh says, “You shall not!” It is NOT food and He cares for you.