Tag Archives: parashah
In this Torah portion we learn about the Sabbath year, the year of Jubilee, redemption of property and redemption of the poor and enslaved.
I have such a passion to teach people the true foundation of all Scripture, the Torah. If you do not understand the Torah, you cannot understand the Scriptures!!
The priestly garments are the main topic of this Torah portion. However, we cannot ignore the connection between the sacrifices and Yeshua Messiah. I explain the connect and why we are the true priests today.
“You are to summon your brother Aharon and his sons to come from among the people of Israel to you, so that they can serve me as priests.” -Exodus 28:1
“The garments they are to make are these… -Exodus 28:4
In this weeks Torah Parashah, Our Creator tells Moses the instructions for building the Tabernacle. The Court yard, the Tabernacle itself and everything inside it. He is warned to follow the instructions exactly the way he is shown.
They are to make me a sanctuary, so that I may live among them. You are to make it according to everything I show you – the design of the tabernacle and the design of its furnishings. This is how you are to make it.
In this Torah Portion the 10 commandments are giving on Mount Sanai to Moses and to the children of Israel.
The Ten Commandments
And The Creator spoke all these words, saying: “I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, Yawheh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- You shall not take the name of the The Creator in vain, for Yawheh will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Yahweh your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore Yawheh blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Yahweh the Creator is giving you.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
In this Torah teaching, Joseph is reunited with his brothers and father Jacob. Jacob blesses Judah, Joseph and his sons Efhraim and Manasseh.
Joseph could no longer control his feelings in front of his attendants and cried, “Get everybody away from me !” So no one else was with him when Joseph revealed to his brothers who he was. Genesis 45:1
People who rebel against the messengers of Our Creators instructions are planned their path that will end up in hell. This teaching is from Numbers 16:1-18:32
If you are a Christian looking to explore the Torah Life, welcome. Please see this important video and check out the videos in the category on this website called, “For Christians”
As believers we have been giving instructions of the way to follow Messiah. What way will you Choose?
It says in Matthew 6:21, “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”